I have
started this blog after guidance by my professor (Dr. Calongne) for my CS875
Innovation class while pursuing my doctoral degree in Cybersecurity.
While the doctoral degree will help me in my current role as well as
consulting, I am doing my doctoral degree as I believe it will open options for
me post-retirement to be part of corporate boards. Being part of boards
will help me stay sharp, keep up to date on current trends, and also bring in
some spending money.
Pursuing my degree while working at a fast-paced technology company takes a lot of my free time. While I am trying to balance the joyful requirements of grandkids, friends, and family, sometimes there is a drain on the intellectual and desire battery to move forward. Also, I am hopefully finalizing my house remodel which has taken more than two years due to Scottsdale being (NSFW)... So, I will need to incorporate down time to help refill this battery.
As I consider my heritage, I want to visit Italy where my mother's family comes from. I have tracked down that my grandparents are first generation united states citizens from Italy coming from the Rome area. Thinking it is a good time to visit, especially as Andrea Bocchelli is playing in July 2024. This is ideal timing for me as our fiscal year ends June 2024 and most of the first two to three weeks are considered a 'recovery' period for the field. Looking at options during Black Friday to see if there are special deals.
No comments:
Post a Comment